Since January, hundreds of migrant care workers have participated in our meetings, filled out our survey, or spoken to us about what they are most worried about right now.
Together, we have come up with demands.
Join us on Sunday, March 28th at 3pm EST to finalize our demands. Together, we will write our petition to Immigration Minister Mendicino to launch online on April 9th. We will be delivering the petition on May 9th - Mother’s Day!
Join us to make sure that your voice is included and heard! Sign up at the bottom of this page!
Here are the demands we will be discussing on March 28th:
- No more waiting for PR processing!
- Remove English language requirements
- Remove education accreditation requirement
- Raise the wage, ensure overtime pay, stronger labour protections against abuse, paid sick days
- Open work permits for all, allow workers to get new employers without an LMIA
- Reunite families
- Full and Permanent Immigration Status for All!
Please share our Facebook event and invite your friends and other care workers!