Care Workers, are you working long hours for little or no overtime pay? Not sure if you have access to sick days or emergency leave? Did your employer fire or lay you off during COVID-19 and not sure what to do next?
You're not alone! Get your questions answered online at our Know Your Rights workshop on Sunday, October 11 at 1pm EST! This workshop is hosted both by Caregivers' Action Centre and Caregiver Connections, Education and Support Organization (CCESO). Please share our facebook event and invite your friends!
In this workshop, we will talk about:
- What are my rights if my employer doesn't let me leave the house because of COVID-19?
- What can I do if I am working long hours for little or no overtime pay?
- Do I have access to sick days or emergency leave?
- If I am receiving minimum wage, should my wages go up after October 1st?
- What are my rights if my employer laid me off or fired me during COVID-19?
- Can I access income support if I am laid off or fired during COVID-19?
- Do I qualify for the new Canada Response Benefit?
We know that a lot of the problems Care workers are facing is because we are tied to our employers! Care Worker Leader Asmin said, "Care Workers are fighting for Status For All because we have been coming to Canada for hundreds of years to take care of children, the sick, elderly and people with disabilities. But who is taking care of us? They call us caregivers, but we are care WORKERS and we deserve equal rights!"
Sign our petition that calls for FULL & PERMANENT immigration STATUS FOR ALL!
AND don't forget to sign up below! Let us know your questions before the workshop at [email protected]