Are you losing your job or losing your income? Don’t know if you can apply for emergency supports or EI?
Join us on Sunday, April 12 at 12pm for an online workshop to learn more about your rights as Care Workers during the coronavirus crisis! Please share our facebook event and invite your friends!
In this workshop, we will discuss:
- How to apply for the Community Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- How to apply for Employment Insurance (EI)
- Who can come to Canada right now? Will the border restrictions affect me or my family?
- What are my rights if my employer asks me to stay in the house to quarantine?
- What’s happening with our immigration applications?
- Access to other supports and more!
As Winnie said, “We call Canada our home. We are still working in Canada. Helping kids, elderly and doing all the work in the house. We ask the government to help us to meet our needs like give all workers status PR who are still in Canada...Not leave anyone behind who is still in Canada. Many are not working now so they need a lot of support.”
This is why we need to push the government to make sure that everyone gets access to income supports NOW!
Call the Prime Minister and the Cabinet Ministers right now and tell them to ensure all workers, including undocumented workers, receive income support regardless of immigration status and work history. Click here and you will be connected to leave a message for the government!
AND don't forget to RSVP below! Let us know your questions before the workshop at [email protected]